Before you head out on the lake with your snowmobile please review the Pewaukeee Lake Winter Rules regarding snowmobile use on the lake.
Winter Rules – What you need to know
Pewaukee Lake is divided into zones: Shore Zone and Lake Zone.
Different rules apply in each zone.
Shore Zone is defined as any area within 500 ft of the shoreline.
- When within the Shore Zone, maximum speed limit is 10 mph
- You are not allowed to park your vehicle in the Shore Zone from 1:30 a.m. to Dawn.
Lake Zone Lake Zone is defined as the area more than 500 ft from any shoreline.
- Maximum speed limit in the Lake Zone is 50 mph during daytime hours and 25 mph at night (snowmobiles only).
- All vehicles must slow to 10 mph when within 200 feet of other people, ice shanties or parked vehicles.
Other rules of note
- No vehicles are to operate on the lake from 1:30 a.m. to Dawn.
- Erractic driving, towing others on skates or skies or driving in a way that endangers others is prohibited
The complete list of winter rules for Pewaukee Lake can be found on the Village of Pewaukee Police Department’s Web site.